Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Bosh for Amare, would ya?
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2008, 02:26 PM   #6 (permalink)
Ball Don't Lie
We going to the 'ship!

Representing:

Bosh is just as much of a 2nd option as Amare is on an upper echelon team, don't kid yourselves. The difference is we havent seen what Amare is capable of as the #1 option in the post yet, but he's added a ton of moves since his rookie year, and one could easily argue his offensive game is ahead of Bosh's(Amare's jumper is better and he takes it to the basket a lot more frequently, and he's more explosive). Both suck on defence though. I wouldnt do it right now because I'd like to see if Amare's knee can continue to hold up one more year, but if it was on the table next year it is something you'd definately have to look hard at. You need a guy like Amare who takes it to the rim with authority in the playoffs. His performance against the Spurs(39 PPG) is something Bosh will never come close to matching, and most of his points WERE off ISO plays in that series, and we'd never have to face the Spurs i nthe playoffs anyway unless we made it to the finals.

Pre injury I'd do it for sure, now, it's a tough one, in a year if Amare stays healthy, yes.
Ball Don't Lie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote