Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Could Starbury be next?
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2008, 12:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
Claudius
contemplating

The Killing Joke

Representing:
Send a message via MSN to Claudius
Default Could Starbury be next?

Apparently he may wish to play in Milan next season. He always said he would want to play there, and although he's a shell of his former self, it would raise the profile of Europe just that much more.

Quote:
MARBURY EYES MILAN
By MARC BERMAN
Posted: 3:03 am
August 15, 2008

Last summer, Stephon MarburyStephon Marbury vowed hewould play in Italy after his Knick contract expired after 2009.

At the time, many scoffed at the farfetched notion. But Marbury's desires have now become the trend, with nine NBA players signing with European or Israeli clubs since July 1's free agency.

While Marbury plans to play in the NBA this season - with the KnicksNew York Knicks or another club if released - he still has plans of an Italian career.

In fact, Marbury told The Post he will play as soon as next season, specifically aiming to join Milan.

He'll have connections. Mike D'Antoni coached Milan in the 1990's and first-rounder Danilo Gallinari played for Milan the past two seasons.

"People just didn't understand and didn't know (last summer)," said Marbury, who will be in Coney Island Sunday when his summer kids basketball league holds its Finals at Surfside Gardens. "When I made comments about playing overseas people took it out of perspective, thought I was talking about leaving while still playing for the Knicks. It was turned into something negative about going to Italy. Now it seems it's OK.

"Why wouldn't you want to play basketball, still make money and live in a place that's beautiful," Marbury added. "Milan is definitely where I want to play basketball at. That's where I fell in love with Italy."
http://www.nypost.com/seven/08152008...lan_124527.htm
Claudius is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote