Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - SI.com: As Bargnani falls flat, so do the Raptors
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2011, 03:53 PM   #7 (permalink)
EggsToTheBBQ
useless

Representing:

When Andrea gets tired his shooting percentages nose dive, he gets pushed around in the paint and he doesn't get in position defensively.

IMO, the guy isn't in shape. He's been spending summers with the Italian national team instead of working on his conditioning.

It looks to me like this guy has hit a wall, and that's from playing so hard early in the season, after playing with the Italian team in the summer. His body can't take it, especially since he's a 7 footer.

He needs to be rested and he needs to work on his conditioning in the offseason. Personally, I think Jay is letting him play tired as a substitute for the conditioning he should be doing on his own time.

I still remember how good he has been in the past, and I hope he can take the athletic aspect of his training more seriously and establish consistency in the future.

I can't see him being traded by this organization without getting significant pieces in return, and I don't see other organizations willing to part with what it would take.
EggsToTheBBQ is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote