Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Why is Bargnani on this team?
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2011, 02:55 PM   #40 (permalink)
Scully
is pounding the rock!

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex2k View Post
So Reggie Evans is coached better by Triano then Bargnani is to go grab rebounds?
Your pigeon holing coaching as running drills and working on fundamentals. Rebounding and defense are not just instinct and effort. They are learned skills. Skills which are honed through experience,through failures, though tutelage. Defensive systems are coached in to game plans, Rebounding is physical training, knowing who is shooting and what point in the game. These are nurtured traits not natural abilities.

To your point, does Traino not put Evans a lot closer to the basket then Bargs. Do you think Evans would have been leading our team in rebounds if he were playing beyond the perimeter on offense or even if he was shooting as many shoots as Bargs regardless of were he was on the floor. It has nothing to do with better, it has to do with roles.

I am not arguing with the fact Bargs does lack effort and instinct on the defensive side of things. If you guys were to say Andrea can't be coached effort and instinct I would agree. BUt I will argue that there is a coach and a team out there that can provide Andrea with the knowledge and experience to be a legitimate defender.
Scully is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote