Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - SI.com: As Bargnani falls flat, so do the Raptors
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2011, 10:12 AM   #5 (permalink)
LX
synapse jelly

In the Paint

Representing:

There certainly is a lot of noise from the broadcasting crews over the last week or so. I listen to Leo and Jack and Matt even, and I wonder what they were seeing in years past. Do Bargnani's failings just stand out that much more now?

Here's a question - how much of what gets said comes from team management? Did anyone else get the feeling that there were some attempts to make Andrea look larger than life when he was playing well. When the played in New York, Matt threw out the line about Andrea playing on the big stage right at the start of the game, as if a really big game was practically assured and the media had been tipped off to look out for something special. And then those good games get milked for as long as possible even when he's clearly leveled off. Now they really look to be zeroing in on his weaknesses like never before, and I have to wonder if the same attempts to garner fan support have now been abandoned in favor of preparing the fanbase for moving the guy that we were told was going to be the future of the team. If they have decided that he has to go, then it would be better to have most fans feel that it was a positive thing moving forward rather than incur the wrath of those that have drank all the kool-aid before.

Am I just being too wishful?
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote