Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Adjusting the sleep cycle
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2011, 04:27 AM   #1 (permalink)
CommunistCrunch
mirin' Gao-sthetics

Distributor of Swag

Representing:
Lightbulb Adjusting the sleep cycle

Hey guys and gals:

I'm in dire need of real advice.

Ever since I moved back to my university residence last Nov., I've had trouble dealing with the noisiness of my floor as well as the crappy windows that provide little insulation to the cold weather. Going in I knew this was going to happen. But my parents are completely clueless when it comes to these things, so they leave me here to fend things off for myself.

As a result of my inadequate housing situation, my sleep schedule is completely fucked up. I need to wake up at 8:20 every weekday for 9am classes. I've never been able to adjust my body clock to fit my demanding work schedule (i am an engineering student).

Right now it`s sleep at 4ish, wake up at 11. I`ve tried many times setting my alarm at 8:20. But I found that I just cant focus in class if I get only 4.5 hours of sleep. What`s more troubling is that recently I`ve fallen ill because of this whole dillema. I really need to get my health back on track before I can focus on doing school work.

I would like advice on how I should go about fixing my sleep schedule. As well as advice on how to stay patient, because I`m really getting fed up. I just want to pass all the courses this semester without damaging my health. I decided to drop half of my courses so I can have an easier time, but so far that isnt helping.

Thanks for your support RF
CommunistCrunch is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote