Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - The need to trade Jose
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2011, 10:19 PM   #94 (permalink)
Deez
at MSG failing a pointless 360 degree dunk during a losing streak

Lackey

Representing:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudius View Post
But how do most young players succeed? They succeed with confidence and winning, no matter what, inspires confidence (example A: Boston).

Having a smooth offence, where young players can come in and know their role is important to the development of them. You need veteran players for a reason.

Bayless, while a nice player but I'm not sure what he is right now, isn't the best distributor or point guard in the world. Yes, he has good games, but sometimes you need a steady hand.
True, you can't tell if Bayless just needs to learn or if he just does not have the vision to be a distributer. But bottom line is that you are going to be a good and effective point guard or you are not. Either you have it in you or you don't. I don't have the stats before me but I think of guys like Nash, Kidd and Billups. They came in with crap teams and lost, usually took their lumps for a while too. I think Kidd was even a malcontent. But skill trumps everything. That's why guys like Marcus Banks will continue to watch games no matter how much work they put in.
Deez is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote