Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/raptors/public_html/f/includes/init.php on line 97

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/raptors/public_html/f/includes/init.php on line 101

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/raptors/public_html/f/includes/init.php on line 109

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/raptors/public_html/f/includes/init.php on line 120

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/raptors/public_html/f/includes/init.php on line 124

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/raptors/public_html/f/includes/init.php on line 132

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/raptors/public_html/f/includes/init.php on line 201

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/raptors/public_html/f/includes/init.php on line 378

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/raptors/public_html/f/includes/class_core.php on line 2514
Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - The need to trade Jose
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2011, 11:19 PM   #94 (permalink)
Deez
at MSG failing a pointless 360 degree dunk during a losing streak

Lackey

Representing:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudius View Post
But how do most young players succeed? They succeed with confidence and winning, no matter what, inspires confidence (example A: Boston).

Having a smooth offence, where young players can come in and know their role is important to the development of them. You need veteran players for a reason.

Bayless, while a nice player but I'm not sure what he is right now, isn't the best distributor or point guard in the world. Yes, he has good games, but sometimes you need a steady hand.
True, you can't tell if Bayless just needs to learn or if he just does not have the vision to be a distributer. But bottom line is that you are going to be a good and effective point guard or you are not. Either you have it in you or you don't. I don't have the stats before me but I think of guys like Nash, Kidd and Billups. They came in with crap teams and lost, usually took their lumps for a while too. I think Kidd was even a malcontent. But skill trumps everything. That's why guys like Marcus Banks will continue to watch games no matter how much work they put in.
Deez is offline   Boss Key Wife Key