Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - The need to trade Jose
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2011, 02:36 PM   #79 (permalink)
GrannyFro
is too lazy to respond, you win

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'trane View Post
i do love strong statements.

and i have asked myself that question. the answer is that they have a better defensive team, and a better defensive system, and they play in a different type of game in international competitions, against a different level of overall talent.

and none of that makes jose a better defender. it just means they have a easier time covering for his weakness. and i never said jose wasn't a good player. i just said he doesn't fit on this team because of his skill set and his salary.
well lets face it, unless spain is playing team USA jose is most likely out there guarding another white guy. Thought i should point that out even though i dont think jose's D is as bad as most.

Opposing PG's get where they want period without great team defence+ refs on your side. PG is the fastest and most skilled position in the league, 1 on 1 nobody is going to stop an elite offensive pg who knows where he's going before the defender.Yes Jose is a little slow due to having oversized calfs that put extra stain on is hammy's but i'm still much more concerend over our C defensivly.

when it comes down to it, Jose just needs to quit being such a pussy and dunk more(this is why jordan wanted him)
Calderon dunks against the..." target="_blank">YouTube - Jose Calderon dunks against the...
GrannyFro is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote