Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - The need to trade Jose
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2011, 12:52 PM   #74 (permalink)

giant steps

he's a liability. plain and simple. he can't defend at all. i don't see any of this 'improvement' some guys are speaking of. you could say that he's improved in that he is better than he was with bad hammy's, but he's no better as an individual defender than at any other time when he was healthy. and that means he's straight up awful. opposing pg's lick their chops when they see him as their primary defender. add to that the fact that he has a history of injuries and bad wheels and that defensive weakness is magnified on a regular basis.

i don't care what he's doing offensively unless he's putting up superstar numbers, which he isn't. we get killed on the other end when he's in the game. i've been watching it for 3 years now, and we're just not a good enough defensive team to cover it up.

as to the issue of being an 'answer' - all i mean is that we don't have a role for him. even as a backup his salary and glaring weaknesses can't be overcome if we are to improve this team. he is not an answer to anything we need. he could fill a good role on other teams, but not here. there's just no need for him. and if we can't get a starting quality pg for next year we're f'd anyways. i see no value in continuing on with a guy we know is wrong just so that we have a guy.
'trane is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote