Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Grange: Colangleo and MLSE stuck with each other
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2011, 11:29 AM   #18 (permalink)
LX
present minded

In the Paint

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
I'd like to know from people here how many moves, when made were hated by them? I would say not many.
I agree with Acie in that he could have had better luck. However he also could have made better luck for himself.

Yes - criticising moves is pretty much hindsight. But it is possible to be critical of the sum total of all the moves. And for me what is most problematic, because it is what I expected more than anything, is the lack of a solidified culture from year to year.

I suspect that a good number of players have come here with the wrong sense of what they should expect. Some of that likely rests with the players, but does BC do anything to clarify the perspective of incoming players, or does he feed their unrealistic hopes? Every year we see guys excited to be here to show what they can do, and then they fail spectacularly. Is there not a middle ground where these guys could come in, figure out there roles within the whole, and succeed to some degree as the team takes any kind of step forward? There is just no patience to let much of anything breath, but instead out-of-whack expectations that lead to next year's flavor of out-of-whack expectations. Was I wrong to expect more than that? Is that just hindsight? Should I expect anything different going forward?
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote