Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Go to Guy, Bargs or DD?
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2011, 11:26 AM   #11 (permalink)
Sick, Wicked and Nasty!
adoring his baby girl.

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiggmo View Post
Actually no... I wouldn't I don't care who drafted him, and honestly, hes not skilled at all if he can't even be semi-consistant, and can't play anywhere on the court other than the 3-pt line.

Theres a reason this team is shit, and playing a guy just because your boss drafted him and your worried about your job for experimenting in a tank year is part of it.

Sorry but if a guy is putting up 20+ shots a game and can't even average 20 points (I mean over this losing streak) than why the hell would you wanna give him the ball?

Also if it wasn't for Jose having the man-crush on his fellow Euro, than Bargs wouldn't even get points because any smart PG wouldn't give him the ball so much, at least all these nights where he can't shoot at all, and just causes a stagnent offence.

Also this team has proven it can put nice fluent offence together and get some good runs going WITHOUT Bargs playing (either injured or sitting on the bench) due to the athleticism and the team just gels better.

People complained about Bosh being a black hole, so whats Bargs? A black hole without as much effective scoring.
Now you're just talking out of your ass.

First of all, you don't average 21 points a game in the NBA if you're not skilled. Yes Bargs has struggled with his shot lately..that happens to all good players but he's still our most skilled offensive player and a smart coach knows that to win you ride your best horse. There isn't a lot of talent on this team, healthy right now and yes there have been a few runs put together by some of the other players but they're not good enough to carry a team every night. Bargnani is the closest thing we have to that.

If you don't think Triano has been influenced by his GM to give the keys to the offence to Bargnani you're just naive. Colangelo is not a fool... to have interest in the team you need a big name, a big time scorer and he drafted AB so there's personal pride on the line. If Triano wants to keep his job he has to make his GM happy and part of that will be giving Bargnani the chance to become the star BC thinks he can. You go against your GM and you find yourself on the outside looking in.

I'm not saying Bargnani is the type of player you build a team around, but I am saying he's the most talented offensive player we have on the roster and combined with the political factors surrounding the GM this is why he's the focus of our offence and no matter what coach you put in place not named Jackson or Sloan..that's how it will be with the current roster.
Sick, Wicked and Nasty! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote