Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Grange: Colangleo and MLSE stuck with each other
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2011, 09:04 AM   #15 (permalink)
Claudius
contemplating

The Killing Joke

Representing:
Send a message via MSN to Claudius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acie View Post
In all fairness to Colangelo, he's had a bunch of odd things happen that had they panned out, would've made the team infinitely better. John Salmons backing out after verbally agreeing to do a sign and trade in '06 is one. Ariza turning down more money from the Raps to go to Houston last off-season and the crap with the Bobcats and with Matt Barnes this year.

He's also swung for the fence a few times and come up empty. I like that he's now being patient, accumulating assets and assessing what he has before moving forward.
I understand some thing happen. There's absolutely nothing you can do. However, does this only happen to Colangelo? Being fans of this team, we obviously pay more attention to certain news bits, but I question if similar things happen on a regular basis in the NBA but they just don't get leaked.

And while, I admire him for being patient right now, even though he's repeatedly said he's looking to trade for 'something big' with the former Peja expiring and TPE, I just don't like the fact that it took a 'crisis' to come up with this plan. Acquiring assets is something good GMs do no matter what the situation (San Antonio drafting well, Dallas making shrewd moves etc.).

Perhaps I think five years is enough time to do something of substance.
Claudius is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote