Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Grange: Colangleo and MLSE stuck with each other
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2011, 09:06 PM   #11 (permalink)
Claudius
contemplating

The Killing Joke

Representing:
Send a message via MSN to Claudius

All BC has proven to me in the past 5 years are that he's a good trader when acquiring rotation players. Not high end players, but rotation guys.

He had a marquee guy (rightly or wrongly) still a top 30 player in the league at the least, and never really surrounded him with talent.

He tried to re-establish a team here he had some success with in Phoenix and tried everything he could do to establish a running philosophy which seemed to be at odds with the former coach here. Instead of looking at teams like San Antonio who win by executing a simple offensive game plan and defending we looked at a high octane offense.

We looked at 7-8 player turnover year in and year out without establishing who may or may not be core guys.

It was until this past year that some form of commitment to defense was being established.

While hiring BC and well re-hiring is a form of establishing some form of normalcy to this organization, I can't help but feel underwhelmed by what he did here right now. I know, if I was hired in my organization and lost my biggest account and didn't have a back up plan, I'd likely be let go.
Claudius is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote