Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - The need to trade Jose
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2011, 12:13 PM   #34 (permalink)
LX
effin' ineffable

In the Paint

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiggmo View Post
So LX, since you never even mentioned the issue of the stagnant offence he runs and just throwing the ball to Andrea (or just running around for 22 seconds)

The only reason I ask is because you seem to be the prime defender of him on this thread, and I, like others, want him traded ASAP along with bargs.
It's going to be stagnant if he's the only guy passing the ball. Your depiction of his offense seems like a gross over-generalization. This is a very green team. I believe I mentioned that. It looks to be so for some time. Why the rush to shed even more solid experienced guys? And why put a guy like that into such a lose/lose proposition where he's either turning the ball over too much, or not taking enough chances, or over-dribbling, or pretty much anything that is going to be a problem with a team like this.

This team has only started playing anything remotely like half-court sets since injuries have forced a slowing pace. He proved pretty effective at getting good shots for guys in early offense. He has shown that he's able to run the break - something he was horrible at before. And now he's doing what he can to run a patient, half-court offense where there are no real playmakers. I don't see how that's a horrible problem placed squarely on him.

Finally - I'm hardly the great Jose defender. I'm simply stating that he has clearly worked hard on his past weaknesses, expanding his abilities, while being a guy that would be that much better as a backup to a young point guard coming in. There's a real possibility that he would be exactly the kind of guy that we'd be looking for if we traded him hastily.
LX is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote