Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - The need to trade Jose
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2011, 12:36 PM   #27 (permalink)
LX
synapse jelly

In the Paint

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'trane View Post
he's absolutely and completely still an albatross, and he definitely needs a special situation to hide his weaknesses. a team full of defenders like la could do this. toronto can't. if he's a backup, which i think he is, he's waaaay to expensive for a rebuilding team. he needs to go more than any other raptor. the same case could be made for Bargs but i'd rather keep him because if the way he can score. i know i'm in a minority on that one.
A team with good team defenders could make use of what ultimately are not weaknesses at all, as far as what I've seen this season. The guy has fought through screens when needed, gone under screens against guys they are hoping become shooters, been quick to getting to a spot to take a charge while providing help defense of his own, and fought to steer guys to help rather than play toro.

If I'm wrong and he truly is hopeless as any kind of defender, then he's going to hurt any team defense. That is certainly the case with Bargnani. He needs to go to a team that just doesn't care about defending.
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote