Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - All-Star Reserves
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2011, 04:54 PM   #13 (permalink)
Ball Don't Lie

Representing:
Default The Great Debate-All Star Reserve Predictions 2011

I just watched the TNT version of this, so I figured this would be a good topic of conversation on RF as well.

Who do you have for your Eastern/Western Conference Reserves?

I'm mostly intereted in how people factor in who should/shouldnt be an allstar based on ___. Most of the time the ___ is winning.

So here are mine:

EAST:

Rondo
Pierce
KG
Felton
Horford
Johnson
Bosh

With the East its actually hard to find legit allstars for the 9-12 spots. I think Pierce Rondo Horford are locks, but the others are not putting up their best seasons outside of Felton who hasnt been good these past few weeks. The only one outside of these guys who has a good shot of making it is Ray Allen IMO. If theres anyone I'm missing let me know.

WEST:

Westbrook
Ginobli
Gasol
Nowitzki
D Williams
Love
Griffin

The West is where its a lot tougher. Those are my top 7, but there are a lot more guys deserving of a spot in the West vs the East.

You have Parker, Duncan, Aldridge, Gay, Randolph, Ellis and Nash.

The main question with the West is if Love and Griffin are going to make it.

This is where what your perception of an allstar is comes in to play.

Guys like Kenny Smith are saying Love shouldnt make it because of his team only winning 10 games.

But when you compare his season vs Tim Duncans, yeah Duncan is winning, but Love is putting up numbers not seen since 30 years ago.

Whoever is playing the best ball should be playing in the allstar game win or lose as long as they're not the one helping bring down their team and being a main reason why they're losing games.

I won't be happy if Duncan makes it over one of them because of record and not play.

So, who you got and why?
Ball Don't Lie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote