Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Just get a jump shooter already
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2011, 11:07 AM   #13 (permalink)
bjjs
a baller

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LX View Post
I think the post-up game is not very effective in general anymore, with the lane being more crowded and what used to be illegal defenses now being usable, so that players do not have to commit to the double until the offensive player makes his move. That takes away the threat of a pass and leaves the guy posting up going up against two or three defenders. It hasn't even worked very well for Lebron.

Kleiza has managed to only take the paint off the front rims.
His post game was almost non-existant in Cleveland, and although he is still indecisive and throws up some ugly shots after passing up easy ones, I think it looks like his post game is coming together.

And he's one guy with his speed and strength, and possessing the threat to turn and put down an alley oop if he's fronted, that almost always gets really deep position. He hasn't become the scorer he can be from that spot, but he's still getting his teammates some really easy looks.

I could see him being a dominant post player in a few seasons, and I wouldn't be suprised if he proved unstoppable in the post in a few series this post-season. I can't help but think that in a 7 game series, Miami is going to hang their hat on a Lebron/Pierce type of match up in the post.

You are correct though, you just don't see consistant post ups unless it involves players with significant athletic advantages. Like Dwight, Yao or Shaq.

Their aren't any more Corliss Williamsons in the league, 6'6 SF who get to operate in space in the post.

Last edited by bjjs; 01-28-2011 at 11:11 AM.
bjjs is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote