Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Just get a jump shooter already
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2011, 09:52 AM   #7 (permalink)
Claudius
contemplating

The Killing Joke

Representing:
Send a message via MSN to Claudius

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjjs View Post
He's had opportunities in the post this season. You look around the league and there aren't many SF who can get a post game off. Lebron, Joe Johnson are a few of them. Even a guy like Artest doesn't have a surefire post game and if anybody was going to have one it would be him.

You also have to consider who Kleiza would be posting up...it's no easy task. Every SF in the league has size this day and age.
While, I agree, (to an extent), I'll take Triano's words then:

Quote:
You can see the way he passes the ball, hes not a selfish scorer. He can score by shooting it, facing up, mid-range. Hes got a back-to-the-basket game when hes got a smaller guy on him.
Quote:
When he plays at the four, he gives you an opportunity to spread big guys away from the basket; if you put a smaller three on him, it gives us an opportunity to post up a guy that he might have an advantage over.
Kleiza delivers for Raptors - thestar.com

To me, I've never seen Kleiza as a straight jump shooter. He's not a guy you want driving as he has tunnel vision. He's got good footwork in the post and while it's not advanced, it's not his weakest area as well.
Claudius is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote