Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Chisholm: Rebuilding the Raptors isn't pretty
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2011, 03:25 PM   #17 (permalink)
LX
effin' ineffable

In the Paint

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Haverchuck View Post
Totally with ya on the Barnes move.

Kleiza is 25. Not old. *shrugs shoulders*

Diaw's deal had fewer years and a lower cost than Calderon's. Chandler was expiring. Just saying. It kind of fits with shedding salary and creating flexibility.

Anyways, I agree with you that BC was reluctant to IMMEDIATELY go into FULL "rebuild" mode. However, I would qualify that by saying that even when he might have been thinking playoffs, he was pursuing fiscally responsible moves that put the team in a good position moving forward. The one negative could have been finishing 8th-11th in the conference and losing out on a better draft position.
Reggie was also expiring, so I think there was a little more to it than just shedding salary. But I can't say the guy isn't prudent. And he is committed to improving. And if Chisholm is right and he is set on a new path for real, then it is certainly a good thing. It's time to look at long term success, and not just putting the team in a good position and hoping for more from there (as much as I've been ok with that approach in the past).
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote