Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Chisholm: Rebuilding the Raptors isn't pretty
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2011, 11:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
HugoBoss
is pounding the rock!

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LX View Post
This isn't quite true is it? Does nobody remember Colangelo promising a team that would compete for a playoff spot? How about the gleam he had in his eye when signing Kleiza? And how did the failed attempts to get Barnes or Chandler and Diaw fit in with acquiring youth, seeking out picks and shedding salary?
I assume the playoff spot thing was a preseason promise? but i think that all GMs try to hype up and sell their team...thts their job. to put butts in the ACC seats. Does he actually believe this team is a playoff team? I think they could compete for a lower seed if they were healthy...considering how crappy some teams are in the east!

and that failed trade, I think many, would agree would have made our team better than they were with bosh. everyone was very excited about that steal until MJ intervened thanks to ESPN. after that, there wasn't much available. I think the fact htat BC didn't panic and maybe make a later trade to "make up" for it speaks volumes of how "if it was there to make the team better long n short term, do it" but do not "make a trade for the sake of making a trade". sometimes, the best trades are the ones never made and that we never hear about!
HugoBoss is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote