Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Chisholm: Rebuilding the Raptors isn't pretty
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2011, 10:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
LX
effin' ineffable

In the Paint

Representing:

Quote:
I hear complaints that GM Bryan Colangelo doesn't have a plan, and yet ever since Chris Bosh decided to pack his bags and leave, Colangelo has been utterly consistent and on-point about what he plans to do: acquire and develop youth, seek out draft picks and shed salary obligations.
This isn't quite true is it? Does nobody remember Colangelo promising a team that would compete for a playoff spot? How about the gleam he had in his eye when signing Kleiza? And how did the failed attempts to get Barnes or Chandler and Diaw fit in with acquiring youth, seeking out picks and shedding salary?

Anyway - I can accept that this so-called plan alluded to was a fallback position in any case, and I can't say I'm unhappy that he's been put into the position where that is really the only option if he is going to be doing his job properly. For me - I keep coming back to what everything looks like at this time next year. It is going to be interesting, as Chisholm suggests, but it's also a little scary. It's entirely possible that my disappointment will really kick in at that point, as much as I hope not. I wish I could say the man has not disappointed me before, but he has. That's strictly a personal thing, but he has also sold everything he has done in ways that have made it hard to anticipate nothing but goodness and light. And when it comes right down to it, I just don't trust anything this team does under the current ownership, even though they were not supposed to be a part of the picture since Bryan's arrival. He still works for them, and not the other way around.
LX is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote