Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - SI Ranks the East
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2008, 01:11 AM   #10 (permalink)
Ugo Ferst
is pounding the rock!

Banned

Representing:

WARNING "MIDNIGHT TOKER POST"

Yes, i probably came across to pessimestic, but alas, that is my nature :P

I could see a world with the Raptors getting from 2-4 seed, if some bounces went our way, but i wouldnt be shocked at all if we struggled to make the PO's either. Two years ago, i really think the bounces went our way and we won our division, we were stellar at home and won so many close games it was crazy. No reason that cant happen again, when we are hot shooting , even in last years medicore season, we were almost unbeatable, when the three was dropping etc.

But my natural inclination (and im probably being harsh on a young team and a young captain) is to see how many times we didnt come up big in clutch games, we seemed to get outcoached and out hustled and theres no excuse for that. Its all on JO, if he can come up big and be 80% of what he was as an allstar, it will be so huge. Most of all he needs to change our backdown, always say die, attitude and install some pride in defense (a team that always thinks D first is a team that wins a championship, alot of it is coaching and player commitment), and i dont think its an easy task, we have alot of players that are either medicore to poor defenders, he needs to come in and in one year whip some ass and make a lockerroom where you get stepped up to and spoken to if you arent hauling ass, because i really dont believe Bosh as our "leader" ever did in a real big way, where players are somewhat scared and respect him, so they dont even think about going half ass.

A heavy task for JO, perhaps he will step up and make us all very happy!!!
Ugo Ferst is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote