Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - RF AWARDS 2010 - Coach of the Year
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2011, 01:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
LX
synapse jelly

In the Paint

Representing:
Thumbs up RF AWARDS 2010 - Coach of the Year

This award goes to the poster who best provides in game analysis, strategy, substitutions and general understanding of the NBA. We came to a consensus on this one pretty quickly. One poster came to mind immediately and stayed there, like that look on Jay Triano's face when he realizes that he needs to call a timeout, but can't bear to have PJ Carlesimo's spittle flying at him again before going into the huddle. This RF veteran is almost always there to break down controversial plays at the end of games, to offer criticisms and analysis of what works and what doesn't, and to point out some strengths and weaknesses that can be easily missed. I know that I have learned a fair bit over the years by taking in his perspective, and if I were not old and a little out-of-shape, as well as short, weak, and worried about damaging another pair of eyeglasses, I could be moved to play the game under his guidance.

Who is this fine Raptors Forumer? If it is not immediately clear as of yet, then allow me to depict his sensibilities in a visual format. The picture that comes to mind when presenting this award, is of Mike Singletary smoking a cigar that is laced with the ashes of Red Auerbach, over the protestations of Sam Mitchell. Of course that could only allude to the award-winning discernment of one man.

congratulations to our 2010 Coach of the Year - bjjs
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote