Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Mo Williams a Cav
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2008, 03:26 PM   #6 (permalink)
Ball Don't Lie
We going to the 'ship!

Representing:
Default Official: 3 team trade, Mo Will to CLE

http://www.ohio.com/sports/cavs/26919019.html

Quote:
The Milwaukee Bucks traded point guard Mo Williams to the Cavs in exchange for the expiring contracts of guard Damon Jones and forward Joe Smith. As part of the deal, the Bucks will receive Jones and Oklahoma City point guard Luke Ridnour. Oklahoma City acquires Smith and Bucks forward Desmond Mason. Oklahoma City also will send swingman Adrian Griffin to the Bucks.
GREAT trade for CLE, as they still now have a solid trading piece in Delonte to trade for another decent player since theyre unlikely to re sign him with Mo Will and Gibson locked up. As I said in the other thread they lose D, but they gain a guy who can actually handle the ball and make plays unlike that tool Hughes. That and Mo makes big shots which will help Lebron space the floor.

I like Ridnour, but MIL didnt improve with this trade and their PG tandem, although theyre solid distributors, is weak overall especially defensively. Either would be great on a team with vets who play solid team D but theyll probably be exposed on this team that isnt likely to play a lot of D and has a very weak bench.

OKC seems to have wanted to get rid of Ridnour for a while now so they got their wish and got a couple of very solid vet bench guys back in return. But they probably have the worst PG tandem in the NBA now(Watson/Westbrook?), but I guess its all a part of the plan...
Ball Don't Lie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote