Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - RF AWARDS 2010 - Sixth Man Award
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2011, 12:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
LX
synapse jelly

In the Paint

Representing:
Smile RF AWARDS 2010 - Sixth Man Award

Our Sixth Man Award recognizes quality over quantity. We like to give it to the poster that may not have a large volume of posts, but has a valuable presence here all the same, thanks to almost always providing something noteworthy.

Deciding on this award was quite difficult, as there were a lot of you up for consideration. I know that for my own deliberations, I ended up needing to start by narrowing it down to something of a short list. And going through that exercise, I came to the happy conclusion that there are a lot of quality posters here on any given day. I suppose that's what has made many of us come here time and again.

So before getting to the award at hand, allow me first to recognize the big number of you that make this place worthwhile with quality posts. Not as a mod or one of the guys who took part in the award process, but separately as a final act as the MVP from last year. As the outgoing MVP, I know that winning an award did not mean that there weren't days where I was closer to being an LVP. I had days, even weeks, when my brain was not functioning well, or my emotions got in the way, or whatever. And there were times when I posted too much stuff that didn't add much to the whole, but instead had the negative effect of swamping out the kinds of quality posts that matter the most. That was when I would eventually try to hold back, to edit or delete my imposing thoughts altogether, to allow the full breadth of the community here have more oxygen. And in doing so I only ever regretted not refraining a little sooner. Our sixth, seventh, eighth men, and women, often are the real MVPs of any particular day or week. At least that is how I've often felt over the last year. It's been a rough ride as a fan, and interest might have waned here and there on occasions, but never altogether, and that says something, I think.

So first an unofficial award to the great numbers who make things worthwhile here. You know who you are by your feelings of contributing to something worthwhile in a healthy environment for discussion. To you I personally bestow the Golden Claw.

Now to singling out that most worthy of posters that consistently, if not so frequently, provides the substance that helps raise our threads to higher levels, and helps keep us all engaged and active.

xw, thought, RaptorsandBuckeye FaN and rudy-t were all strong candidates that made this one a pretty tough decision. But there was no denying the one poster that so often provides a good healthy dose of unique humor and insight, always rising above the fray in order to put everything in a good, solid perspective, with just a line or two here and another line or two there that turn out be master strokes so often. And that is our Sixth Man Award winner for 2010 - oneironaught.

congratulations

Last edited by LX; 01-24-2011 at 12:40 PM.
LX is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote