Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Headlines
Thread: Headlines
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2011, 12:19 PM   #45 (permalink)
'trane
I believe in Masai!

giant steps

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann38 View Post
Not really. He was a creating a danger to himself by pissing off the citizens around him. He was arrested under breach of the peace so he could be removed for his own safety.
Anyone who thinks this funeral had anything to do with public relations is completely wrong. It was a police funeral for a fellow officer and his police family. Russell's dad was a cop and his wife works for the CBSA. They're a policing family and were grateful for the show of support. Christine Russell's opening statement at the service was that the presence of so many of us there gave her the strength to speak.
Officers always turn out in droves when another is killed in the line of duty. The sheer size of the TPS is what contributed to the large number of officers in attendance.
sorry, to be clear i wasn't saying he has a good point that the funeral was about public relations. actually, i'm not sure if he even said that at all. his good point, as douchy as it is, is that you shouldn't be able to be arrested for carrying around a sign in a public place.
'trane is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote