Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Bargnani is the worst starting centre in the league.
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2011, 03:21 AM   #12 (permalink)
kishan13
is pounding the rock!

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EggsToTheBBQ View Post
Bargnani isn't a center.

I don't care what he's listed as on the starting line up, or all star ballot. Bargs plays PF. Take a look at who was guarding Howard and who Howard was guarding last night. Bargs had nothing to do with it. It was Dorsey, Johnson and Ed Davis that were getting schooled by Howard. Because they're all undersized and over matched.

You can put whatever position next to Andrea's name in the line up - he plays PF when the game starts.

The Raptors play with Andrea at PF and one of their undersized PFs as C, which is why I keep saying that the Raptors need to get someone with legitimate size either in the draft or through free agency, be it Marc Gasol, Enes Kanter, Tyson Chandler or whoever. The big rotation the Raptors use now is easily exploited by teams with a PF/C with size and a scoring touch.

Colangelo has quite a riddle in front of him. If the Raptors do acquire a traditional center, then there's not enough minutes for Davis, Amir, Bargnani and Center X. So what gives? Someone needs to be traded. OR someone needs to be shifted to SF.

Personally, I think it's worth investigating the possibility of moving Amir to SF at some point during the remainder of the season. Bargs essentially plays a SF role on offense, so Amir can continue to go for offensive boards and get involved in pick and rolls on offense. On D Amir would need to show that he can keep up with other SFs. I think he has the quickness and length to do so, it's just a matter of if he can learn perimeter D quickly... It probably wouldn't work out, but it's worth a shot even just to make sure operation tank succeeds.
+1 His normal position is not center its pf. Everybody on RF has been saying how we need a center so bad and this is exactly why. Stop hating on Bargs, hes played through pain and hes also playing out of his natural position.
kishan13 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote