Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Derozan Frustrated and tired of losing
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2011, 02:38 PM   #43 (permalink)
moremilk
whatever

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
I agree.... but I can understand how it's frustrating for a player to work his ass off only to see some of his teammates playing like they don't give a shit.

Doesn't exactly inspire confidence.
the next game where derozan will work his ass off will also be his first ... I really like his improved offense, but his effort is lacking as much as Bargnani's.

Do you know that derozan is ranked 26th in the league among SGs in rebounding (per 48)? As opposed to 28th for Bargnani among centers? Demar is very athletic and taller than the average guard and he should really be a much better rebounder, especially when paired with a center who leaves plenty on the table, and especially when he's not usually camped at the 3pt line like many other SGs.

He's also ranked 37 in steals among all SGs, which is quite appalling.

Both Derozan and Bargnani are the biggest slackers in the starting lineup (when kleiza and weems are out ...) and neither have any right to complain about losing.

Even Amir, he was supposed to be a hustle player, and yet he's only 19th in rebounding and only marginally better than bargnani. He's also below average in steals and merely average in blocks. For a player who brings little on the offensive end, that's quite disappointing.

The fact is other than davis, wright, bayless and evans, nobody on this team busts their asses for most of the time.
moremilk is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote