Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Now out of Carmelo sweepstakes, Nets begin to move forward
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2011, 10:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
Raps4lyfe
is pounding the rock!

=3

Representing:
Nets Now out of Carmelo sweepstakes, Nets begin to move forward

Quote:
NEWARK -- Mikhail Prokhorov came to America and pulled the plug.

He arrived from Moscow this afternoon to celebrate "An Evening of Russian Culture," but before he did that, he may have affected the landscape of the NBA. The Carmelo Anthony sweepstakes, at least from the Nets' perspective, are over.

"Really, I am not happy with the way how this deal has gone until now," Prokhorov said at a news conference before the Nets played the Utah Jazz. "It has taken too long. It has been played out in public. And I'm certain it has taken a toll on the players. And I believe it has cost us several games.

"So I think the management of the team did a great job. But there comes a time when the price is simply too expensive. I'm instructing our team to walk away from the deal. And the meeting that was supposed to be held with our management tomorrow in Denver with Carmelo is hereby cancelled."

"The price to pull off a trade for Carmelo Anthony proved 'too expensive' for Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov."

Full story here.

Last edited by Raps4lyfe; 01-19-2011 at 10:37 PM.
Raps4lyfe is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote