Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Rose to LeBron: I can take you or leave you
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2011, 04:02 PM   #10 (permalink)
TORaptor4Ever
"Fake All-Star"

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ligeia View Post
Hard for me to analyze this one.

First, what I like the most out of this is precisely the "take it or leave it" sort of attitude, where Rose says that if LeBron really wants to go to Chicago, he won't make the team jump through a bunch of hoops to get him. There is some sensibility in that position.

Still, a lot of it reads like a guy who would rather not let the ball out of his hands. I love a guy with confidence, but LeBron is the best player in the league; don't let your pride get in the way of acquiring an asset like that. You can say that Rose knew they wouldn't gel well, but I don't think anyone could know that in advance. I really thought that Wade and LeBron would do terribly together but you see lately how they've been able to find a balance. During the off-season, I really thought that Chicago was the best place for one of LeBron, DWade, or Joe Johnson, and I was surprised when none of them went there.

So on the one hand, I love the confidence of Rose (and I think he does have MVP in his future) but I also think it's hard to deny that LeBron could've been beneficial.
Exactly.

Lebron has had minimal problems "molding his game" to fit what MIA's doing... and he's been a key for them defensively.

Ignoring the potential benefit of having the best player in the league on your team is silly IMO.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote