Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Rose to LeBron: I can take you or leave you
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2011, 10:24 AM   #1 (permalink)
Claudius
contemplating

The Killing Joke

Representing:
Send a message via MSN to Claudius
Bulls Rose to LeBron: I can take you or leave you

From Yahoo

Quote:
Reach out to him, Chicago management had pleaded with Derrick Rose(notes). LeBron doesn’t think you want him here. That’s what they told the Bulls’ franchise star in July, a request that was met with dutiful respect from Rose. Sure, he told the Bulls. I’ll shoot him a text. Rose is polite this way, honoring obligations and orders from above.
Quote:
Rose didn’t want LeBron taking the ball out of his hands, nor respect out of the room. Eventually, Rose reached out, but only out of a sense of duty. Rose didn’t want James, nor did Rose particularly want Wade to make a Chicago homecoming. During early July, Rose shut himself in the gym and worked on his game. The soap opera bored him.

“If they wanted to come here, they would’ve come here,” Rose told Yahoo! Sports Saturday night.

Rose was betting on his own greatness, a MVP candidacy he believed would come sooner than later.
Quote:
Rose has always been his own man, though. Worldwide Wes had been an influence that pushed him to John Calipari, but Rose and his family never allowed him to be funneled into that LeBron-Wes recruiting machinery to CAA. This is a league of young players devoted to James, loyalists in ways that perplex people. Yet, Rose thinks for himself and has such a tremendous grasp of human nature. Privately, he wanted Atlanta free agent Joe Johnson(notes) as his shooting guard, a way to balance the floor with Noah and Carlos Boozer(notes) and Luol Deng(notes). James and Wade would’ve taken the ball and diminished Rose as the Bulls point guard. It never appealed to him.
Rose standing tall among NBA elite - NBA - Yahoo! Sports
Claudius is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote