Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - José Manuel Calderón Love/Appreciation Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2011, 08:11 AM   #18 (permalink)
Rudy-T
hoping Rudy-G will save the season

Senior Citizen

Representing:

The guy is 8th in the league in assists per game. Considering he started of the bench in the begining of the season, which is part of the reason why he is the only one of the 24 guys averaging over 5 assists a game that averages less than 30 mins per game, thats pretty good. He is 3rd in assists per 48mins (behind Rondo and Nash). So he can pass the ball.

He leads the league in assist to TO-ratio. So he can take care of the ball.

He is 11th in 3-point percentage and 8th among guards (not fair to compare to C's) in 2p-%. So I guess he can shoot too.

His defense has also improved a lot. He is still not a stopper, but he can hold his own nowadays.

He is a team player and a fighter. I would think he is pretty good influence for the young guys on the team.

He has been the most consistent player on this team. Early in the season he had some problems with streaky shooting, but lately he has basically scored 10-15point in every game and handed out 8-12 assists. This not including the last game where he had 20-15 night.

So basically he it offensively on of the better PG's in this league. Not a top-5 PG, but probably could be considered above average starting PG.

He is being paid like 10mil a year, which isnt even that bad considering his play of late. And more importantly Raps are not currently having problems with having too much salary on roster.

So I'd say pretty good for a guy who everybody was ready to trade for pack of peanuts last year. I would say that currently PG is the spot were are best set (when Jerryd comes back atleast).
Rudy-T is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote