Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Draft Profile: Harrison Barnes
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2011, 09:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
Someguy again
stank

Representing:
Default Draft Profile: Harrison Barnes

Quote:
Erupted the summer entering his junior season. Excellent student with an advanced game. Loves to pull from mid-range, has a tremendous IQ and is athletic. Can play the shooting guard and small forward roles. Great confidence in his abilities.

Strengths:
- mid-range shot
- Perimeter shooting
- Rebounding

Weaknesses:
- Ability to create
Scout.com: Harrison Barnes Profile

Quote:
Harrison Barnes (6-8 SF, North Carolina) was clearly the best player on the floor in terms of pro potential. Watching Barnes reminded me of the old Michael Wilbon line that Grant Hill's game was so smooth that he played as if he was wearing a tuxedo. I had the same sense about Barnes, who has a polished and fundamentally sound game, and is widely reported to be a high-character kid.

Barnes had 27 points, 7 rebounds, 2 steals and a block in 29 minutes in the Hoop Summit. He hit 9-17 FG, including 4-8 on threes, and 5-6 FT. Barnes displayed an explosive first step which made him difficult to stop on the drive (always to the right) and shooting range which went out to NBA distance on a clutch three in the fourth quarter.

Following on an outstanding co-MVP performance in the McDonald's game (17-5 on 7-10 FG), Barnes is a clear leader in the class of 2010 field, and I don't think it's premature to suggest that we may well be looking at the 2011-12 Rookie of the Year.

That said, the question "How good is Harrison Barnes?" is an open one in my mind. I am not convinced that Barnes has the ceiling of an NBA superstar. I see a guy who should be able to score in the 20s, and be a mid- to lower-tier All-Star. But I haven't seen much in the way of creating for others. He's certainly not a selfish kid; I just don't feel like court vision is a strength in his game. And while Barnes is a very good athlete, he doesn't strike me as a guy with off-the-charts physical gifts.
The Painted Area: Nike Hoop Summit: How Good is Harrison Barnes?

lol nobody talks about this kid

Last edited by Someguy again; 01-27-2011 at 07:57 AM.
Someguy again is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote