Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Blackberry
Thread: Blackberry
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2011, 10:25 AM   #30 (permalink)
Sick, Wicked and Nasty!
adoring his baby girl.

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mxyzptlk View Post
^agreed^

don't get me wrong, there are issues with the iPhone as well...but i have to disagree with you about the apps...sure, Apple controls the apps, but the sheer variety is unbelievable...in fact i'd say it's mindboggling what you can do with this phone
There are, but the gap is closing.

For me it's principle. It's like IBM computers vs 'clones' in the 90's. Microsoft vs the world... proprietary systems aren't good for business. It's an attempt at a monopoly that Android fortunately appeared in time to fight. Iphones are definitely cool but you're stuck with their hardware, and their accessories... when I was considering a phone I definitely considered the Iphone 3 but it's camera didn't meet my needs and so I went with Android. There are literally 100's of phones you can buy to run Android and a lot of the chargers, cases and other accessories are generic and therefore cheap. The apps are open source so absolutely anyone can write them and post them in the market. Even the OS is open so there are 1000's of users out there who've written different themes and even OS upgrades for their phones. It's a remarkable community to be a part of if that's your thing.
Sick, Wicked and Nasty! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote