Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Blackberry
Thread: Blackberry
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2011, 11:18 AM   #29 (permalink)
Shadowfax
Is playing the dude disguised as another dude

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick, Wicked and Nasty! View Post
It's not a phone really anymore is it? It's a small laptop,

Blackberry is old technology that uses very expensive networking infrastructure to operate on. BB was a big thing but they've fallen behind. Think about it, all their current commercials are selling the phone based on the premise that if you want to talk to your friends and colleagues that currently have BB's you will have to buy one too for BBM. Sad.
^agreed^

everytime i see one of the new BB commercials i find myself snickering...so obvious that they are shooting for a chunk of the iPhone (and Droid) market...trying to look young and cool...for years the BB has had a "business" feel to it and that's finally starting to come back and bite them in the ass

don't get me wrong, there are issues with the iPhone as well...but i have to disagree with you about the apps...sure, Apple controls the apps, but the sheer variety is unbelievable...in fact i'd say it's mindboggling what you can do with this phone

as far as Jeffb's initial question goes...it sucks that you have to get a BB because like SWAN has already stated, it's old technology...my advice would be to get the most expensive BB your company will allow (if they are paying for it)

Last edited by Shadowfax; 01-14-2011 at 11:22 AM.
Shadowfax is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote