Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - The Five Biggest IF's in the East - Re: Jermaine
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2008, 05:15 PM   #10 (permalink)
Adequate Swag
is pounding the rock!

RF Affiliate

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. J. Naismith View Post
I'm not saying right now Swag. I was referring to the possibility that O'Neal falls flat on his ass and isn't the player he's cracked up to be. This is purely hypothetical and something to discuss during the usual slow summer.
Yeah I understand that.

Let's say he does flop...how is that + the huge cap space in 2010 any less appealing to Bosh than TJ Ford and Rasho?

Regardless of how Jermaine pans out, I can't see Bosh sitting down next summer and saying "Damn, I really wish we'd have kept TJ and Rasho"

Sure we take a small risk on JO's health, but even if he were to suffer a career ending injury tomorrow, the Raptors would still be a mediocre team with boatload of upcoming cap space.

When the reward of the positive outcome far outweighs the penalty of the negative outcome, how can there be that much risk involved? Especially considering for all we know at this point, the positive outcome is more likely.

And if Bosh can't recognize this as Raptors management making a direct effort to build around him, then he's an idiot, and he's welcome to leave us with 35 million to play with in a couple summers. I don't think that's the case though.
Adequate Swag is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote