Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Blackberry
Thread: Blackberry
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2011, 09:41 AM   #28 (permalink)
Sick, Wicked and Nasty!
adoring his baby girl.

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barracuda View Post
I hate that everyone is such a fuckin' phone snob.

It's a PHONE.

iPhone people who mock Blackberry ppl, vice versa.... it's idiotic. And it's everywhere. I'm so tired of it.

Allow me to repeat - IT'S A PHONE!

It's not a phone really anymore is it? It's a small laptop, and if you're paying 600$ for a smart-phone you should get the best value out of your money no? My opinion has nothing to do with snobbery, it derives from 15 years working in technology.

Blackberry is old technology that uses very expensive networking infrastructure to operate on. BB was a big thing but they've fallen behind. Think about it, all their current commercials are selling the phone based on the premise that if you want to talk to your friends and colleagues that currently have BB's you will have to buy one too for BBM. Sad.

Iphone is proprietary and IMO that's never a good thing because ultimately you're screwed into buying apple everything to go with it and they maintain a lot of control over what apps become available and thus dont' encourage enough people to contribute to the community.

Android is universal open-source, multiplatform and therefore cheaper and inspires average people to create. Sure you get some crap in the market but you also get a lot of really creative stuff and you can buy almost any brand of phone to run it.

Anyways, if you have to get a BB for work...and they're paying...congrats, I think the Torch is their best offering right now...but for those that don't, don't fall for the IPhone marketting machine, look at other options too
Sick, Wicked and Nasty! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote