Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - The Five Biggest IF's in the East - Re: Jermaine
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2008, 05:09 PM   #8 (permalink)
'trane
I believe in Masai!

giant steps

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adequate Swag View Post
I've heard this argument as a criticism of the JO trade before and I just don't get it.

Without the trade, we remain mediocre. By trading TJ for any of the other packages on the table, we remain mediocre. By acquiring JO, we remain mediocre at worst, or become a contender at best.

Regardless of whether JO plays well or not, regardless of whether he gets injured or not, the JO trade was the only way to potentially make this team more than mediocre.

How were BC and Co possibly supposed to impress Bosh any more? How could they have better gone about "winning now" in order to keep Bosh around?

If Bosh wants to make noise now he should go ahead and make it. Nothing's stopping him. And if the JO deal isn't enough to keep him in Toronto two years from now then he quite possibly had no intentions of staying to begin with.
precisely. ready to go now, ready to go later. one major injury away from being right where we were before the trade, one addition on the way to being much better. what do we really have to lose on this one? I just don't get what the criticism is...
'trane is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote