Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - POSTGAME THREAD: Atlanta Hawks vs. Toronto Raptors
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2011, 11:38 PM   #97 (permalink)
HugoBoss
is pounding the rock!

Representing:

question: what do you guys mean by "implementing defense system"...

I always thought D was basically trust n hustle n pride, which u can`t really teach

then ppl said basic D was basically stuff like lead Offensive player to baseline...or funnel to shot blocker..whether to switch on picks etc etc..NBA players by now should prob know this I hope...

So what exactly are we "missing" or not teaching the players?

I`ve always heard everyone complain that almost everyone on this team is bad on D (jose, bargs, DD) individually...is Triano or some assistant coach supposed to be able to change this and make them all bowens n perkins??

I remember in a broadcast...NBA coaches really only have like 5-6 diff "plays" n just slight variations of the same thing - its whether u have the personnel who cann do it. a head coach is there to be a guide..to motivate. etc. in my mind, most of these guys seem to be playing pretty hard, so Triano in my mind is doing his job ok.

btw I was completely fine with his play call at the end on the Jose drive in a one point game, high percentage shot, good free throw shooter if fouled (not like DD), generally not wild 1 on 1 drives and good handle on ball (not like Barbosa or DD) which would result in more likelihood of strip as Atl is locking down...and considering Bargs would most likely get most of the Def attention...I thought Jose drive was a fine play.

There's something I always do when I watch the game - when a shot goes up, BEFORE it goes in or out, I decide whether it was a good shot or not. Too many ppl determine a "good" shot selection based on the result like whether it goes in or not. Bad shot goes in, I question the playcall still. Good shot rims out, o well bad luck. In this case, Harford made a good play, the playcall was fine for me. Just too bad but no complaints
HugoBoss is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote