Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - FoxSports: Derozan might be a star in 2-3yrs
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2011, 05:32 PM   #27 (permalink)
Admiral
Sick, Wicked, and Nasty!

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zxcvbn193 View Post
in 2 3 yers you say? if I'm not mistaking that's when his contract with Toronto is running out ?
will after every full rookie contract the player is always a restricted free agent, it was a rule put in after the last CBA in an effort to force those young guys to stay with their 1st team instead of jet off to somewhere else the 1st chance they get because a lot of those early pick teams are usually the bad teams which are usually the teams that players don't want to stay in either

but i think demar is a 3 year contract with a 4th year team option that was picked up, something like that, either way its a 4 year total contract which means he has 2 more season after this one before we most likely sign him again, which is why i say he needs to develop in the next 1-2 years because i don't want to see another big $ contract based on the assumption that the player will live up to it by continual improvement in their game, i want to see the player earn the right to negotiate that price before its given to them
Admiral is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote