Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Any bowlers in the house??
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2011, 12:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
Sick, Wicked and Nasty!
adoring his baby girl.

Default Any bowlers in the house??

I've bowled 5-pin for much of my life...it was always the thing to do at birthday parties when we 'outgrew' Chuck E Cheese(I know..who really outgrows Chuck E Cheese right??) and then when my family moved right as I started high school they put me into a 5 pin league to meet to friends in our new neighborhood and I stuck with it for about 12 years and since have played on and off, joining an adult league for a few years back in the early 2000's and now re-starting this season.

For fun my friends and I used to bowl 10 pin 'rock and bowl' at a near-by lane because we discovered they would serve us beer at the bar even though we weren't 19 So that became fun as well.

Anyways I'm playing in two leagues this year, a social league and a 'pro' league which is very competitive. My averages in the two leagues are 225 and 232 respectively which is pretty good for 5 pin bowling. The highlight of the year came a couple months ago when I threw a 400 game for the first time ever. For those that know bowling, 450 is the highest score possible. For a 400 I threw 5 strikes, then a 5-pin spare, followed by another 5 strikes and a 5 pins on the final ball. It was pretty incredible and I have a printout of the game framed on the wall above my bar because i'm sure i'll never do it again lol

Anyways, just wondering if there are any other bowlers around here? There's not much on the web for 5-pin bowlers...we're kind of like the CFL of the sport(ahem) of bowling...but I enjoy it and like talking about it
Sick, Wicked and Nasty! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote