Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Grange: Toronto Raptors are bordering on irrelevance
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2011, 11:58 AM   #11 (permalink)
bjjs
a baller

Representing:

So many fans critique the "hype machine created by David Stern. Hyping up the superstar, killing team basketball. And yet....they crave the hype themselves. Perhaps Mr. Stern let the fans create that monster all on their own.

The Raptors have a group of young players who genuinely enjoy playing together. And they have quite a bit of confidence. I don't think Ed Davis or Demar Derozan consider themselves second stringers or role players.

Their opinion on the matter is actually worth quite a bit. I don't think they go out and compete against the leagues best because they're dumb as nails. I think they probably think they actually have a shot at becoming as good or better than some of these other squads. The way these guys play, they play to win. They force the ball to the rim only because they want a sure thing. I love that kind of basketball.

You let them develop as a team and see where they get too. Fans who are worth having can get behind an actual team. You can't tell me that as a group of young 20 year olds, their isn't another team in this league that they can't potentially become better than with the exception of the Heat.

Also;

When talking about contending in the Eastern Conference. The Raptors are irrelevant. They aren't bordering on irrelevance. It's what they are. It's been that way for a few years.

If we're talking about teams that play in the Eastern Conference. They are relevant. They play and compete in the Eastern Conference. They'll stay relevant in this respect for quite some time.
bjjs is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote