Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - What does Jose Have To Do?
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2008, 03:18 PM   #17 (permalink)
LX
present minded

In the Paint

Representing:

I really think obsessing about who starts is missing the point. They are both starting calibre. They both clearly need each other to be at their best. And they both play big roles in the wins, no matter who starts or who finishes, and the finishing part is probably more important than the starting, and will reflect what the team needs on any night in question.

The biggest thing that Jose lacks that TJ brings, is the defensive containment of speedy, athletic guards. Unfortunately it's a big deal, unless this team wants to go with beating teams strictly on offense. If we could ensure that speedy, athletic guards did not start on opposing teams, then I could definitely live with TJ coming off of the bench. Hell - it would probably work ok anyways, but I'd look for TJ to finish in those instances.

And it would not surprise me, depending on what moves get made in the future, to see TJ being more of a sixth man, and finishing many games, come next year and beyond.

Whatever happens - it will be in the best interests of the team.
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote