Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - The score: Triano looks lost, Wright needs to play more
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2011, 09:10 PM   #10 (permalink)
LX
present minded

In the Paint

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammo View Post
Everything is cool until anyone implies that this team is underachieving. Then I am lost.

Phil Jackson, who I still want to see coach a bottom third team, would not get much out of this team.
When I talk about results, I don't personally mean wins. I mean trying to eek out some kind of identity they can build on. It would be a lot less frustrating to watch this team if there wasn't a constant disconnect. We see them trying, and in a situation where there wasn't a mish-mash of different aims, that would be more than enough. Instead one week the effort seems to point them one way, and the next week it has them going another. The implication of underachieving for me seems to come from the top. Otherwise they could stick to the idea of defense being a priority and following through with playing time accordingly, and take the losses in stride.

i would hope that Phil Jackson would at least try to see some definitive measures of improvement from week to week and month to month according to consistent principles that don't require talent to be followed through on. Playing the right way is playing the right way, regardless of a team's ability to compete in terms of talent.
LX is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote