Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Is Perkins the FA peach?
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2011, 11:10 AM   #1 (permalink)
carp

Representing:
Default Is Perkins the FA peach?

[
Quote:
B]Perkins: I Have Bright Future in Free Agency[/b](Kendrick) Perkins also has another important reason to make sure hes healthy before he returns: Hes in the last season of his contract. The New York Knicks, Oklahoma City Thunder, Houston Rockets and New jersey Nets are among the teams that expect to have salary-cap space after the season. One NBA executive whose team will have cap space this summer said Perkins health will be the biggest concern for his possible suitors.

Perkins, 26, is from Beaumont, Texas, and figures to draw interest from the Rockets and Thunder. Still, hed prefer to return to the Celtics, whose payroll for next season is already projected to be about $74 million, provided (Ray) Allen and Shaq dont opt out of their contracts.

I will show that Im back and there are no issues with my knee, said Perkins, who is making $4.4 million this season. I will have a bright future as far as free agency. We will see how this season turns out and how it goes from there.

I want to be with the Celtics, but I got to think about my future.

Read more NBA news and insight: http://www.hoopsworld.com/HeadlineSt...#ixzz1A4zHqzJj
How hard should this guy be chased by us, and how much could he get? 5y/60M? So many claim we need another C.... thoughts?
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote