Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - What do you expect to happen by the trade deadline?
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2011, 03:13 AM   #5 (permalink)
DSWC
only wearing black until something darker comes along

Representing:

I expect Colangelo to make either 2 medium-ish moves, or 1 large-ish move. Remember, he's in a contract year too, and although the team has somewhat exceeded expectations (as opposed to challenging for the worst record of all-time), he still wants to leave a good impression with the board, and get extended.

The Raptors have a TON of assets too, with young players, expirings totalling over $20 million, and the TPE.

My guess is that Colangelo will make 2 medium-ish trades that net the team some more prospects (probably on rookie scale contracts), but doesn't swing for the fences, with the unknown CBA coming into effect. He'll want to round out the roster a little bit more, but not take on HUGE contracts.

As for the rest of the league, I expect a REALLY busy lead up to the trade deadline, as some teams want to add a ton of talent to win it all this year, and hope that some of the contracts they take on get "grandfathered" into the new CBA.
DSWC is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote