Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Chisholm: DeMar DeRozan finally showing signs of life
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2011, 01:33 AM   #18 (permalink)
tettays
best, bro.

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoldedLaundry View Post
Peja still has game, I agree with you on that. But his biggest asset right now would be his expiring contract. Trading or letting his contract expire Peja would give the Raps more flexibility for the offseason. It's also a good trading chip. Any team looking for a spot on shooter who also has an expiring contract would be interested in Peja. Too bad he's injured though
That's what I'm trying to say. Expiring contract or not, if the Raps can use him (seeing they have horrible 3pt shooting right now) why would they trade him away. This of course if he's healthy. Like a "Sonny Weems" type situation where they thought he was just part of the deal to make the numbers work. Now Sonny's a rotation player.
Quote:
Originally Posted by surreyjack View Post
Why do we want him? We're rebuilding, and I doubt he wants to be here. If we can use him to bring in a few young players that have potential, we win. We already have players that camp out behind the line (Klezia, Barbosa) we just need them to be more consistent which will come with time. Remember the Raptors don't win by winning games, they win by losing games which makes their chances of getting a lottery pick 10x better.
We're not gonna get much from Peja with respect to young players. We already have enough young guys to roll with in my opinion. The thing is, we're just gonna trade him away (knowing full well that he's a capable shooter) and get one or two new faces....then guess what? We're still lacking the 3pt shooting in our offense when we had him all along.

Unless we trade Peja for Kyle Korver or Stephen Curry, I say we keep him and try to put him in the offense (when healthy of course). And if Peja does well, it'll only increase his value.
tettays is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote