Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - O'Neal Didn't Realize How Quick Bargnani Is
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2008, 11:03 AM   #9 (permalink)
Ugo Ferst
is pounding the rock!

Banned

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudius View Post
What's wrong with what SJ said, he's right. Look at his first year and how he played.

Look at last year, you could tell there was something physically wrong with him; take into consideration he's only 22 (I believe) and it's pretty obvious why he took a step backwards.

He's still one of the most talented big men I've seen in a long long while.
Most Toronto fans seem to think so, ive watched every nba game he has ever played, and he has always seemed like a 7ft jump shooter to me, nothing more, nothing less, when his shot not falling, he doesnt really contribute much else. Perhaps im missing something. He has late 1st round pick written all over him so far.

Only reasoning i totally disagree with is saying "he's a number 1 pick" as if that proves he is good. Getting picked number 1 doesnt make you good, going out and proving it does, his good games are outweighed by his bad at this point in his career, he still has plenty of time to change that tho. But i never see him being more then a role player on a team, perhaps a really good 6th man, i never see him being a star. EVER.

Considering the lack of really great bigmen in the last few years coming in2 the league, saying he is the best you have seen in awhile doesnt amount to much. How long is "awhile" because D12 is young aswell, and obviously you dont want to compare them, and im willing to bet Oden does more for his team then Bargs this year.

Oh just remembered, i also think Al Horford is a much better bigman as a rookie then Bargs and he will continue to be that.

Last edited by Ugo Ferst; 08-08-2008 at 11:16 AM.
Ugo Ferst is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote