Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - The best up and coming teams? The best teams with young potential and talent?
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2011, 08:08 PM   #7 (permalink)
thought
jonas smellandchewthis

Representing:

OKC is by far the closest of any of these teams, but they're still a physical low-post presence away from being true contenders. The next step for them will be to package Jeff Green with Harden or Sefolosha to get a nice return. Bosh would have been an incredible fit on that team, I actually would have been able to cheer for wolfy boy had he gone there.

I like what the Clippers have. Actually I love what the Clippers have. Once they get rid of Baron Davis and pair another top five pick with Blake Griffin I think that team is a perennial contender. Blake Griffin and Irving PNR/Eric Gordon as a third option/ Aminu locking down the perimeter? That team could be stupid good.

I'm really not sold on any of those other teams. I think Utah has a chance at being good for 4-5 years with the core there, and the usual suspects will be there for another two or three years at the top of the conference. Sacramento was looking good with Cousins and Evans until it came out that it was all a clusterfuck. Memphis is locked into a max deal with a B-level talent, and I think that team's future is stuck hoping Gasol resigns and that the Spurs, LAL, and the Mavs age sooner rather than later. The OJ Mayo era looks like it's done too.
thought is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote