Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Paul Pierce All Time Celtics?
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2011, 02:18 AM   #17 (permalink)
Aamir
the boss

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by INSIDER View Post
ive seen it. twice.
i'm not saying he wasnt good, because he was damn good. but when people mention his name in 'the greatest of all time' conversations, i have to argue.

and the fact that you say "He changed basketball from a white guy perspective" says it all for me. what does his race have anything to do with his skills? in his case, it seems everything.
I was obviously trying to sound funny, guess it didn't work.I still think he is one of the most skilled Celtics ever. I said that because when he came in to the game, some black players were racist back in the day and they just thought he was some lucky white dude to reach the NBA. The league was dominated by blacks, some teams ALL black, but when they saw how he could play and how tough he was, he made it easier later on for white players to showcase their stuff and to maybe not be judged so fast as being talentless because your white? Sometimes its not about who is the most skilled, but who accomplished the most with their given talent.

Last edited by Aamir; 01-03-2011 at 02:30 AM.
Aamir is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote